Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fish Bowl

Its late at night and i'm a rough part of London.

....Maybe its not really rough, but i've been a spoilt totnesian for two years now and I'm not used to the graffiti and boarded up buildings anymore.... I feel a little uneasy.

I am alone at the train station, which is dog eared and in need of repair. The bench I am sitting on is broken and it is uncomfortable but i'm trying to ignore it. I put in my ear phones to distract myself.

I hear someone walking down my side of the platform. There is small cough and then a massive HAWWWWWWWKKKEEEEEE!! which almost makes me jump and then the sound of someone spitting on the floor.

The platform worker in his orange london overground jacket appears from around the side of the concrete toliet block and does a double take - he'd handn't realised I was there.

I pretend I hadn't heard him spit further up the platform and I smile as he walks past.

He crosses over from the otherside of the platform and sits in the glass waiting room on the otherside (which looks like a bus stop). He stares at me until my train comes and I stare back - he reminds me of an orange fish in a fish tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.